Tuesday, October 29, 2013

To sleep perchance to dream

'Twas not to be.

I'm an anomaly. I'm a phenomenon. I'm a military experiment. I had one gin and tonic, one lorazepam, one Zofran, and one Ambien. Some people would be knocked out by half of even one of these substances. (Wimps) Not me! I fitfully dozed for a few hours and then awoke riding in one of those log like ice race chute icy tube race things. A cold wet tube that was wrapped and made out of creepy sheets. Once again I thought the whole night had passed yet once again it was only midnight or so. Edgar Allan Poe hour. Without the Raven or anything interesting. Had to get up and change and rearrange my whole room and my whole self, and then go back to bed. Sort of. Please to have an ordinary day. Please do have an ordinary night. Please to have an ordinary lunch.

I went off to teach my class today. It was so lovely to be back on campus and see my students pulsing with lush glowing glaring cocky health and staring at me at me at me at me at me at me as if nothing was wrong with me. Nothing was wrong with me.

I feel so chemical. When tears roll down my face and hit my mouth they taste wrong. The air that comes into my mouth tastes stale, like the air from inside a balloon you blew up last week. When your breath wasn't so great.

What to eat? I don't know. I feel rather Asian that respect, perhaps a freshly steamed miso fish platter from Eddie V's? Preposterous.

Leila recommended I go see her most favorite most graceful most lovely and wondrous acupuncturist. Leila thinks this creature has such a loving touch and calm spirit that just being in the same room with her is healing. Leila wrote an email to this kind concept of a person who wrote back and suggested that because I am feeling so wastedly she would like for me to see her beloved teacher. This is too sweet for me to contemplate. I am going to see Dr. He on Friday and I'm counting the minutes. He specializes in chemotherapy side effects. I love him already, I can't even type this thinking of him, unknown as he is yet to me. www.drhe.net

I am tired of me. Let's hear some quotes from wiser people.

Pema Chodron:
"Life is glorious, but life is also wretched. It is both."

"Wretchedness--life's painful aspect--softens us up considerably. Knowing pain is a very important ingredient of being there for another person. When you are feeling a lot of grief, you can look right into somebody's eyes because you feel you haven't got anything to lose--you're just there. The wretchedness humbles us and softens us, but if we were only wretched, we would all just go down the tubes. We'd be so depressed, discouraged, and hopeless that we wouldn't have enough energy to eat an apple. Gloriousness and wretchedness need each other. One inspires us, the other softens us. They go together."

And from Rabindranath Tagore:

"You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long."

Everything is okay. I don't mean that I'm feeling okay. I mean literally, every, thing, is okay. Each thing just is in the world as it is, and we must accept it.

Picture my friend Nancy A sent me of a drawing Fiona did for her. She thinks that this picture maybe helped her sell her house because when the potential buyer saw it they realized that her house was for them. I'm not sure:

Annabelle and Dave on a beach in Mexico...aaahhh sounds so divine. Miss you so much. Counting the days to see you:

List of good things:
Diane sent me a beautiful gift today from Nordstrom. Doorbell rang, and I ran down to receive my favorite color package, a silver package from Nordstrom.

Dena is bringing me lunch tomorrow, I'm sure it will be yummy.

I ate a homemade chicken pot pie last night and lived through it. It was even good. Very.

Friends and family have been very helpful with the children. Thank you Brooke, Adriana, Jennifer, Ean, and everyone else. The kids are bouncy, annoying, loud, grungy, bad, excellent, beautiful, freaky, hilarious, obnoxious, pushy, irreverent, rude, selfish, dirty, late, messy, silly, silly, silly, silly, happy. In other words: perfect.

15 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.........'you are always on my mind' - Willie Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were there. Thank you everyone who is taking care of Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found something good to eat! Relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your description of your perfect children made my day. Wish I could make your day. Can only send good wishes great wishes warmest wishes for good sleep and lovely ethereal lovely dreams all safe and sound for you Amy. AJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice thank you so much

      Delete
    2. "It -is- nobler to take arms against a sea of troubles"
      dear one. As you are, nobly done. And the time will pass swiftly me thinks. All the good wishes in the world we send your way.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the picture of Annabelle and Dave -- so they are coming to see you?! I hope soon. Love you. So amazed at you being so wonderful in all that you think and write and do. John read your blog and commented on your positive attitude. As your cousin, wish he and you could have known each other. Love ~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm which cousin! Me confused!!!

      Delete
    2. Are my brother's children and my children cousins, although they have lived apart by thousands of miles all their lives? I wish it had not been that way.
      John Christopher is our youngest -- born in 1971. Sending our love and best wishes to our wonderful Amy!

      Delete
  6. You are so good and glad for the silly silly silly in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The consensus in Conway is FRESH PINEAPPLE! Can't help w/the sleeping (or lack of) and dreaming.............let me know if you get that knocked............as a service to all the elderly. Hug. Kiss. One more day. Love, auntie m

    ReplyDelete