Friday, November 8, 2013

Hair ouch

A new kind of headache. Each of the hairs on my head starts in a follicle. The follicle is inflamed severely for each of these hairs. I think chemo kills the inside of the follicle where the hell hair cell generates, and I'm in the middle of the process right now. Thanks once again chemo. 

And this heatfull riot is painful. Extremely painful - if you ruffle my hair right now I shrink away and squeal at you. Each hat I put on today for my America's Next Top Mad Hatter (I know, I'm such a pro) model shoot was accompanied by thousands of fiery spikes in my head, like Hell Raiser. Remember this guy? 

I've always been a tender headed gal, I wonder if that this makes a difference. Never really liked getting my hair done much at a swank salon, because when they comb it all out and want to blow dry it and yank your head around like a spin top, it always ouched me and I'd have to pretend like my eyes were watering from allergies NO PROBLEM!... as I smiled while I was thinking fuck fuck YOUCHYPOO! Fuck hurry the fuck up! YIKES! I admit it the landscape of my scalp is too fragile compared to most other people. I admit it, I'm too tenderhearted to be cool. I knew that chemotherapy would make me feel sick, but I certainly did not expect my freaking head would hurt too much to lay down in bed and sleep. This is ridiculous.

The hay in my meadow doesn't know which way to lay, and if it lays the wrong way it's bad. What's happening now seriously hurts me. I'm not kidding. I think must be weak in the hair follicle department? How banal inane cretinously lame is that? Some of these symptoms seriously make me feel like a stupid kitten in the war against cancer. Oh yeah I'm not fighting a war. Okay well I feel like a stupid weak kitten who is facing a cliff of Rottweilers. Or at least like kind of a nerd because I'm complaining that my hair hurts. Embarrassing! Just like I'm weak in the motion sickness department. I'm a poor candidate for chemotherapy it seems.

This is ridiculous. I went to acupuncture today, and when he had me lay on my side so he could put needles in my back, I literally could not put my head on the pillow on my left side. He kept asking me if I was okay, I finally said yes I'm okay and just held my head half an inch above the pillow. Once again I was being the polite robot .This was kind of hard on my neck. Each hair feels like it is stabbing into my head like a small butcher knife. A butcher knife connected to a wall with a plug, so it can shock me with electricity. The pain is literally shocking. I never knew my hair could hurt so much. On a scale of 1 to 10 the pain gets almost up to a nine, but that's only if you ruffle my hair or if I try to lay on that part of my head. WHAT THE HELL! This is inexpected! The very back of the head is okay so I can lay on my back, but this is kind of of stiff for sleeping because I'm used to laying on my side.

I guess losing your hair is preceded by follicular death, so I'm dying 500,000 deaths right now on my head. It feels kind of good to pull this hair out, it's an interesting good kind of pain, like a toothache or a scab that you want to pick. People say shave your head! Shave your head! Shave your head! What is everyone so excited about me shaving my head? Go shave your own head! 

The thought of shaving my head sounds excruciating so I'll put that off for another day. How can I get my head shaved if I can't even stand to touch my head? 

This seems so preposterously absurd that it's actually kind of funny. Again.

Just to be clear: I am pissed about this.

11 comments:

  1. When my mom had shingles, part of the rash was in her hair. The Dr. prescribed this prescription that was a lotion with a pain medication in it. I think the exact medication was gabapentin, a med usually prescribed for nerve pain. Pain can be managed. I hope you describe this for your Dr.'s. Pain is weird. I've been told time after time that you have to "get ahead" of it. This means taking pain medication even if you don't think you need it. Give your Dr.'s the opportunity to help with the pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the hair is leaving the building! But I will let them know. How weird this is!

      Delete
    2. Been told the same thing about pain from a new pain med man this year as well as several times through time. (Like "Don't let it build or -- like a small fire can be extinguished but a large on is out of control." I am just echoing this kind person's god advice as many doctors would agree. FWIW

      Delete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br1nZVv5avQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the fuck is all I can say. You and I need to go to a beach for a few days when this over:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quit being a polite robot! He could have done something to help the pain with his lovely needles. When a doctor asks about your comfort-tell the truth. Would you let Violet or Fiona be a polite robot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It won't hurt when you shave it. The pain is your hair getting ready to fall out. I had to shave it to make it stop because it was so bad. I was afraid too, but it didn't hurt at all. Just do it and show your beautiful bald head to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imitation Rolex DeepSeaReplica rolex replica - One thing's for sure: replica Rolex watches are accepting bigger and better. Never afore accept you apparent affected fake rolex as comfortable and accurate as the replica Rolexes in our collection.
    Rolex Submariner Replica WatchReplica Submariner Watch - The fake rolex watches Submariner is one of the a lot of iconic affluence wristwatches anytime produced. Our replica Submariner watch is one of the a lot of fabulously accurate replica watches the apple has anytime seen.

    ReplyDelete