Friday, November 8, 2013

America's Next Top Mad Hatter Model

Hatless:

NOW THE HAT PARADE:
This is the first hat I received, it was hand made by my dear friend Rebecca, who made both of my children's baby blankets. It's very soft and snuggly.

This luscious brown hat was given to me by my dear friend Diane G:

Here are the hats I received that my mad Hatter luncheon yesterday:





And here are some of the scarves I received yesterday too. Please don't judge me on my scarf tying abilities yet this is new to me. 

This first blue heavenly one was given to me by Bev, who had cancer 23 years ago and chemotherapy, including some of the drugs I'm doing. She is healthy now. I love that. She is an inspiration to me and gave me her scarf that she wore 23 years ago, it is beautiful:


And this lovely creature is from Beth, it's almost too pretty to wear, and I'm thinking about putting it on the wall is a piece of art:

And this little confection is from my friend Dena:

And this beautiful hat was made by my good friend Cynthia, who did a mantra during the last 200 stitches for my health, and then she put around the edges some angora rabbit's hair for good luck. So she says this is a prayer hat. And check out what it looks like when it's laying flat:

11 comments:

  1. You rock the hats my friend! Love the shorter 'do too. You have one of those amazing faces that looks great with any style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I don't know about that - the face has to accommodate whatever it going on I think. But thank you for always being so sweet and positive and for reading my stuff!

      Delete
  2. Love the new hair style! You look really good in hats. Some people can wear hats and for some people the hats wear the people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true - and I feel more like I am being worn by some hats than others - we shall see

      Delete
  3. I love the picture of you with the hat from Rebecca.

    I also love the thought that went into each one of these hats everyone chose for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love especially you in caps-- caps with brims and especially the gray one 2nd from the last with your hand in salute maybe? The cartoon about you and support group was -so- perfect. Have you ever seen Mary Pickford in the silent film "The Hat"? Coincidentally we saw that last evening while you were compiling all this. Been reading your great grandfather Larner's military record. Wrote my congressman and he got it for me but his aide refused to mail it as he said it is too large a file and the man was such an interesting person he didn't want to risk the mails. That's where you got some of your integrity and interestingness? Peace and joy Amy! No matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Indian-style scarf is gorgeous, and you look radiant! How lucky you are to have to have so many caring friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hat parade. You could be another Kate Middleton :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hat Parade is awesome! Thank you for sharing the stories behind them. You are summoning a lot of power there. (And a lot of STYLE!] That last sour made me smile.

    ReplyDelete