Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Tidings of comfort and joy

Merry Christmas.

Haven't been blogging but will get back on it. My fourth of six chemical warfare sessions (thanks Katie for the clever semantics) commences tomorrow morning.

But.

Today is Christmas and it's been a celebratory week,
I saw my dearest sweetest relative - Aunt Marilyn - a few weeks before her 90th birthday. We talked about old times and we played cards and laughed.
I ate a hamburger and onion rings at "Health Camp" in Waco.
I saw my adorable brother in law teach Violet how to play Shang Hai - our favorite 7 hand card game passed down to us by my grandma Emma Lou Brady, born in 1898, but still here with us every day. We are going to use her hand painted Christmas plates for dinner.
I saw my eldest daughter play records on a record player from Santa - excellent old vintage records like "Leader of the Pack" - given to her by Uncle Dave - who is currently out accompanying Fifi on her new scooter from Santa.
I see a fun mess.
I see cute little lambie socks from Vicki.
I heard my goddaughter's voice from France on a voicemail on my phone - such a clear, pretty French with a hint of British accent voice. 
I see nice loving gifts for me.
I see a table set with small Burnycisms, tiny funny little pitchers and funny little objets d'art. 
I see a jigsaw puzzle for us all to do.
I see my beautiful sister who knows me.
I see Mike's cinnamon rolls, and see him making apple pies and creamed spinach and prime steak.
I know my doorbell will be ringing soon with neighbors and friends and Nana.
And I feel lucky.
Merry Christmas to you all - in the olde oldest sense of the seasons and the solstice and love.





















6 comments:

  1. So glad to see all the wonderful photos and to read your happy words. Merry Christmas to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the table! So festive. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG HUGE wishes coming your way for a wonderful holiday. Love each of you - big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fun to see so much of your family and Christmas as of course it reminds me of your parents.... and how interwoven we are with each other's life. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing those beautiful pieces of your Christmas! Hope today goes as well as it possibly can~

    ReplyDelete