Sunday, February 9, 2014

Days after ending chemo

I thought I was doing better. I thought it was the vitamin B12 supplements. I thought it was the organically bound minerals. Maybe it was. Maybe I was doing better but today I fell off the bed, no not really don't worry. Just in my mind. Mike left for golf early early early in the morning. The girls were spending the night out. I was all alone. I sank into the bed, in the dream wake alive bed sick health state. I dreamt I slid off the bed down the wall like a smear crying while the light shone red through my brain. I could  see myself from above and I could see through my clear translucent skull to the red shining bloody brain inside. It was glowing neon like a piece of art. I was crying and crying tears were leaking out of my ears and my eyes and my nose in my mouth and I was actually melting and getting wider and wider I was becoming one with the bed and the wall and the floor and even the ceiling. Hours and hours went by, days went by fast stop motion like the movie the tree of life eons went by. I finally clambered up to consciousness and grabbed my phone. It was 8:20 AM. It was too late. It was too early. What to do? I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.

I'm supposed to be celebratory right now, looking forward to good times. But I don't feel like it. I feel like a husky dog in a race.

I'm starving
But I cannot eat
I'm polite
But I cannot abide
I'm parched 
But I cannot quench
I'm bored
But I cannot rally 
I'm packed with so much to say 
But I cannot be creative
I'm tired
But I cannot relax or give in
Please stop

7 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, and hoping tomorrow is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had words to give you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving you...........through all the time it's gonna take to emerge from the depths you've been in. When you're lighter in your mind you can float again. It'll happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel rage for you. How f____g unfair for you to experience this. I feel rage for every moment of misery you have been through. This dream gives a whole new meaning to nightmares. Experts say dreams sustain mental health but hard to see how this does. Basta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry. Maybe it is the drugs fighting as they leave the building...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you! I would offer you The Gate of the Year if you would have it. I send all the love possibe to go pounding back against the trade winds to Texas -- the land that would hold me too. LOVE

    ReplyDelete