Sunday, January 19, 2014

I want

I want all my pictures hung up beautifully and prettily 
I want the books found and stacked 
I want both of my childrens' beds made high and fluffy with thick comforters and pillows and stuffed rabbits and sunshine 
I want my room painted pink with a tall pink and red flowered bed I have to crawl up into
I want all new clothing soft flannel yellows and dotted things
I want never to see or feel this again 
I want no ceiling
I want fresh air
I want clean square ice cubes
I want no gifts 
I want no drugs to dull me you think I'm better on them but I'm just more shut up so I don't bother you but it's not better
I want no cold only palm heat sand drench my feet 
I want this taste gone
I want a fat cat to lie on my back while I lay face down on a large clean comforter that's a peace green with white embroidery 
And Bach
I want my mother to make it so
I want this to end but I can't see it

6 comments:

  1. I want to be there to hang all your pictures and stack all your books
    I want to make up V&F's beds all fluffy and cute
    I want to paint your room fresh and clean and adorn it with new linens and fill a vase with beautiful ranunculus flowers
    I want to whisk you away from all of this and take a walk along the Cape Cod National Seashore then return to a roaring fire and cozy blankets and tea
    I want you to gather strength to endure the last treatment
    I want to have the most fabulous Spicy Vacation when you are on the other side of this nightmare
    I want you to have peace
    I want you to keep writing
    I want you to heal
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. but there will be a time when you can enjoy doing all those things yourself. this will end. i wish i could make it end now. we have to wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes true - I know this - just sometimes blather it out there uncensored

      Delete
  3. It's the most damned eloquent blathering I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete